17.1.12

'Cause Baby You're a Firework!

I just had my audition for the music evening from my school and it went well! The jury was super positive and was impressed by us singing polyphony. They asked us why we hadn't auditioned the previous years, so sweet (: So now I'm really, really happy! And next to telling this, I wanted to share some beautiful songs with you. I've been listening to these a lot and I love them!
Phoenix 1901 D.L.I.D remix : I love Birdy's version of this song. But after listening non-stop to Birdy, I wanted something new. I think this version is really nice, less sad than Birdy's.
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die : The first time I heard this song, I didn't like it. I thought her voice was way too low. But after a while, I think it's actually really fresh and cool that she sing low. The lyrics may not be very positive, but I don't mind. And by the way, if you watch the video and you can't stand blood: don't look after 4.13, you probably won't like it.. Her other single (Video Games) is also very nice, but you might already know that one. It's been on the radio a lot!
Cher Lloyd - With Ur Love ft. Mike Posner : Lovely song, lovely girl and boy and a lovely song. No more to say I think! (Except for the fact that her newest single is nice too! Want U Back!)
Natalia Kills - Kill My Boyfriend : This song is just funny. If I couldn't understand English, I would think this is just a lovely and happy song. But it's not very positive, killing your boyfriend isn't very nice haha. I like Natalia Kills because she a bit different than other singers, a bit weird sometimes but I think that's a good thing. As I told before I'm a fan of Pixie Lott, but I think that's changing. After seeing her in real life, I realized she actually very normal. Her music isn't very innovative. I like her fashion style, but I think I'm done with her songs. Have you seen her new video, Kiss The Stars? What do you think of the video? It's stupid right? Weird dancing, no story and again not innovative. It's a pity ):

Like a G6 vs. Kids : This is a remix of Like a G6 (Far East Movement) and Kids (MGMT). I love it! I think they mix really well. Found this on someone's tumblr site (it started playing when I opened the site) Normally I hate that because I'm always listening to music and then the songs play through each other. But now I was really happy I heard the song, been listening to it so much (:
Ed Sheeran - The A Team : Beautiful. So sad, but so good. By the way, Birdy's version of this is also very beautiful. A bit more sad (as always with Birdy), but very good.
Okay that were my current favorites, I hope you like them. This is a very long post by the way, didn't realize that until now haha. Hope you don't mind (:
Have a nice day!
x

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind! :) De auditie was zo leuk! Leuke post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!
x.